My friend Katherine (who is crazy) makes some amazing ginger snaps and I asked her to make them again so I could share the recipe because they were that good. She received the recipe from a friend.
1 cup packed brown sugar3/4 cup vegetable oil
2 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. ground cloves
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. ground ginger
1/3 cup white sugar for decoration
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a large bowl, mix together the brown sugar, oil, molasses and egg.
2, Combine the flour, baking soda, salt, cloves, cinnamon, and ginger; stir into the molasses mixture.
3. Knead and roll dough into a giant turd (this is Katherine's added instruction)
4. Roll dough into 1 1/4 in. balls and then roll each ball in the white sugar before placing them 2 in. apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
5. Bake for 10-12 minutes in preheated oven, or until firm. cool on wire racks.
6. Let your crazy friend serve you delicious cookies.
This is something my parents always did when I was a kid and apparently this is not common knowledge since people think i'm crazy when I do it.
Enjoy your ginger snaps, they're delicious!